Interest rates at favorable levels and a good selection of homes provide an opportunity for buyers. Here are a few things for buyers to keep in mind:
1. Know what you can afford before you fall in love with your dream home.
2. Consider additional expenses that come with owning a home like property tax, insurance, and repairs.
3. Be flexible on the little things. It would be wonderful to find a home with everything you want, but those are hard to come by – distinguish nice-to-haves and must-haves early.
4. Have imagination and look beyond paint colors, wallpaper, or other easy and affordable things you can change.
5. Don’t compromise on the big things, such as enough bedrooms to accommodate additions to the family or space for an office if you work from home.
6. Always inspect even if the surface looks great; it’s important to know if anything major is wrong and what it will cost to fix.
7. Think about the future in regard to the neighborhoods, surroundings, schools, and developments.
If you have any questions feel free to call. If you are interested in one of our First Time Home Buyer Seminars, check the NFS Events page to find out when our next FREE seminar is