The second quarter Federal and State estimated tax deadline is quickly approaching! The due date is June 15, 2021. Please be sure to submit your payments on time to avoid penalties.
As we previously communicated to you, the IRS has announced that certain Post Office Boxes will be closed in Hartford, CT after this year. While the change of address will not be effective until January 1, 2022, the IRS is asking for taxpayers to begin using the new mailing addresses during calendar year 2021. This change affects taxpayers living in the states listed below who, in the past, have mailed payments to Hartford, CT.
We recommend mailing all estimated tax payments to the new address listed below located in Louisville, KY or paying your estimates online (Instructions for paying online to IRS and MA are below).
Form 1040 and 1040SR with payment in the following states: Arkansas, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin
Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 931000
Louisville, KY 40293-1000
Form 1040-ES with payment in the following states: Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin
Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 931100
Louisville, KY 40293-1100
Instructions to make a Federal IRS estimated tax payment
- Click here or go to the IRS website at www.irs.gov/payments
- Under “Pay Your Taxes Now”, choose “Bank Account (Direct Pay)” or “Debit Card or Credit Card”. Please note there is a fee for paying your taxes with a debit or credit card.
- In the “Reason for Payment” box, click the drop down arrow and choose “Estimated Tax”
- The “Apply Payment To” box defaults to 1040ES (for 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ)
- In the “Tax Period for Payment” box, choose 2021
- Click Continue
- Confirm Continue
- Follow screens, filling in required information to make the payment.
Instructions to make a Massachusetts estimated tax payment:
- Click here or go to the MassTaxConnect website at https://mtc.dor.state.ma.us/mtc/
- You may create an account by completing the “Log In” section or choose “Make a payment” under Quick Links.
- Under “Payment Type” click “Individual Payment” then “Next”
- Under “Taxpayer Identification” enter your name, social security number, confirm social security and telephone numbers
- Under “Select Payment Type” choose “Estimated Payment” to make an estimated payment for tax year 2021
- Click “Next”
- Fill in the amount to pay and choose method of payment. Please note there is a fee for paying with a debit or credit card.
- Follow screens to complete payment.
These instructions are for one-time payment or you can schedule all future payments at once.
If you have any questions, please call us here at Northeast Financial Strategies at (800) 560-4637.